National Conference for Media Reform
What a great time! Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth and our demo session this weekend, including a huge number of fellow News Challenge winners. And an overmediated high-five goes out to the conference organizers from FreePress, especially Candace Clement and Libby Reinish, for inviting the Center to be a local host committee member, as well as to volunteer boothtenders Regan, Dan, and Jeff.
- Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/ncmr11/
- C4FCM demos video (to come next week)
- C4FCM projects: http://civic.mit.edu/projects
From the Center
- Beyond Books: Journalists and librarians meet at MIT to rewrite each others’ stories: http://journalismthatmatters.org/biblionews/
- June conference: our conference with the Knight Foundation is again invite-only, but if you’ve come in the past, you’ll likely be coming this year…so block off June 22-24.
- Inspiring success in Juárez of Cronicas de Heroes/Hero Reports: “Cd. Juárez, MEX –CRONICAS DE HEROES– OTRA CARA, OTRA HISTORIA…” http://cot.ag/hlxfwi
The shutdown that could have been…and could still be
- Is Congress ready for this image? If gov’t shuts down, there will be no trash pickup in DC http://cot.ag/iaqWcg
The future of journalism is social, as in beer
- 7 Social Lessons Learned from the MediaShift Mixer http://cot.ag/dPLJlN @pbsmediashift
- “How One Radio Reporter Ditched His Equipment for an iPhone 4” http://cot.ag/hWwkFU
- Following the retirement of Congressional Research Service’s leader, Sunlight Foundation asks: what’s next for CRS? http://cot.ag/hXEzbr
- Save the Data, saving Data.gov, would save so, so, so much money http://cot.ag/eTINY4
Optimizing Your Pessimism, Pessimizing Your Optimism
- “Journalism and Media Grant Making: Five Things You Need to Know, Five Ways to Get Started.” http://cot.ag/gdFbnE
- http://tinyurl.com/4xjco43 — City Plans Harvard to Porter Square Mass Ave Improvements
- MT @zepol: Vincente Fox at #ASNE: Mexico’s Army should not be on the streets in Juarez. Says Army isn’t prepared to handle human rights.
- Connected Citizens: The Power, Potential and Peril of Networks http://vimeo.com/21804894 via @knightfdn
- As negotiating tactic, AP writers union asks members not to tweet any AP stories for two days http://cot.ag/eZ0eAT
- “Audio: Digital Media and Popular Uprisings Panel at Lesley University” http://cot.ag/fMSDUZ with @ethanz @jilliancyork
- Congress has passed only 7 pieces of legislation in ’11, all but one an “extension” or “continuation” of existing law http://cot.ag/fG10Do
Want updates as they happen? Follow us on Twitter: @c4fcm.