New Name, New Funds, New Leader, New Site
- A kick in the future. @c4fcm is now @civicMIT, reflecting our new moniker
- @knightfdn announces new round of funding for us: $3.76m over three years
- Ethan Zuckerman to lead MIT Center for Civic Media http://cot.ag/m8yasp @ethanz #civicmedia
- #Civicmedia rule number 1: It’s all about the Zuckermans. http://cot.ag/mQ2lfu
- Quietly, sneaking into your life as you think about the #civicmedia conference and #NewsChallenge, is our new site http://civic.mit.edu
MIT-Knight Civic Media Conference
- VIDEO: “Lightning talks” by all of this year’s #NewsChallenge winners http://cot.ag/jqMFTH #civicmedia @knightfdn
- Visions of civic media, from Chris Csikszentmihalyi (@csik) and Sasha Constanza-Chock (@schock) http://cot.ag/kUoJlq via @ethanz
- Offshoot of MIT Center for #CivicMedia work, Public Lab, wins huge $500k #NewsChallenge grant! http://cot.ag/jWdojj
- Props to our bud @chrysoara: “#NewsChallenge grantee Awesome Foundation wants to fund journalism at the micro level” http://cot.ag/jVwA9B
- @NiemanLab: Get to know this year’s 16 Knight #NewsChallenge winners http://nie.mn/lEliNF
- @csik: Humbled by the #civicmedia projects C4 students presented today. What great people to work with.
- Official #civicmedia conference Twitter list: http://bit.ly/mvmKAk 60+% of registrants tweet.
- @akwhitacre My #civicmedia conference photoset is up http://cot.ag/kkJ626 Share yours!
Civic media blog: Add your comments…
- The Importance of Stakeholders as Designers: http://cot.ag/lDtCoc #civicmedia blog from @cdetar
- Digital Signage on the Cheap in Somerville’s Union Square, via @rahulbot http://cot.ag/kbDdKy #civicmedia #lostinboston
- @ReganStP reports on “Sameboat” rollout, solutions to the difficulty in accessing information about social services http://cot.ag/lXJErS
Funder’s take on Center’s first four years
- @knightfdn’s assessment of the Center for [Future] Civic Media http://cot.ag/lBjpU8 #civicmedia
- @propublica: “Critics Find Gaps in State Laws to Disclose Hydrofracking Chemicals” http://cot.ag/jpwieP #extract
New models, new ethics?
- Sharing content and staff between local news stations: a public interest violation? @freepress thinks so: http://cot.ag/ikndfT
- Facebook apparently blocking citizen activism website, offering no recourse http://cot.ag/kOR8sG
- @futureJproject: gannett to lay off 700. largest cuts since july 2009: http://tumblr.com/xc333svon6